
So I hate to complain especially where I know that some of you have taken long trips with small children, but I don't like it!!! It would not have been as bad if we had a larger vehicle to do these trips with because then I would not have felt like a sardine. We took the girls to my grandma's funeral in Lovell Wyoming. It is a very small town about 75 miles south of Billings Montana. It took us eight hours to get there and we were in our Allero with all the junk up front with me that we may need in eight hours of driving...AAHHH! The trip went well for the first seven hours, we were tired but the girls slept and watched movies.
The last hour Adelyn woke up from her nap too early and was crying for a good half hour. At the beginning of this I tried to empty her sippy cup and fill it up with water for her. So I emptied it out the window and loss my grip and it flew away. I looked out the rear veiw mirror and watched it bounce across the road and thought 'We said a prayer before we left, why is this happening to me' . (If you don't know Adelyn is very dependent on her sippy cup and is very particular about what sippy cup she needs) She then Screamed even louder.
There are no stores for miles and miles in this part of Wyoming and when we found a little (emphasis on the little) grocery store they had only one sippy and it was a hard top sippy that Adelyn screamed even louder at. (it also cost us five bucks!!!! Crazy expensive!!!)
I had to keep telling myself that she was very tired from this long trip and that I needed to breath. She ended up taking the sippy right before we got to our destination.
Then, we got to the hotel that we had planned to stay at and found out that they were out of double rooms, and they offered us two single rooms (like we could put the kids in another room). We had to shift our families around so that the ones with kids could have the double rooms.
I also need to note here that Derik told me that I had to call and make a reservation and we argued about it because no one goes to Wyoming to take up the rooms. So I called and the guy at the hotel told me that I did not have to make a reservation because they were currently empty. I guess I should have told him that we needed like seven rooms for the whole family to stay....my Dad said that next time we will know and we said that there will not be a next time.
So we were a little frustrated that after eight hours we had to try and rearrange ourselves to be able to sleep. We then went to dinner to the only pizza place in the town and paid fifty dollars for two family sized pizzas. They made a pretty penny off of our family this week in the little town.
We paid seventy-three dollars for a crappy hotel that was under construction and started banging and nailing things at eight o'clock that morning. (after we got to bed at 2am because Adelyn could not sleep in the room with all the excitement of everyone being there and not having her regular sippy)
On the way home Derik decided that we would stop in Bozeman Montana and stay for the night. This was the highlight of our trip. it was a nice Hotel and had an Indoor Pool, we took the kids swimming and they had a great time. So it at least made one fun activity for the trip.
We then got home Thursday at 3:30 and Left for SLC at 1:00pm on Friday. We went down to see Derik's Sister and kids from Colorado. We went to the Living Water Aquarium in Sandy. We also visited IKEA and Cabellas. It was a lot of running around and driving, but we had fun. We got home Sunday at 12:30. Long Week!!!!
So there is a quick synopsis of my week, a lot of you have been asking so there you have it:)
No comments:
Post a Comment