Monday, September 29, 2008

Be Proud of Where You Come From!





As many of you know my Dad is from Germany. He and my Mom went to visit my Grandpa a few weeks ago and when they came back we had a family dinner. I deciede for Church that Sunday I would dress the girls in the little German dresses my sister and I wore when we were little. These are traditional dresses and my mom has dresses that are Adult sizes too. After my sister has her baby we want to get a picture of all us girls in these little dresses.

9 comments:

Jamie said...

Cute pictures and dresses, Andrea! I don't remember these specific dresses, but you mentioning you and Danielle wearing them when you were little brings back LOTS of fun memories! Playing dolls in your playhouse, barbies in your room, Danielle and I giving you the "ugly" Barbie and telling you that you lived in a different house so that we didn't really have to play with the little sister! We were so nice sometimes, huh? But, you know I love ya, Andrea!!

Anonymous said...

Your girls look too cute in their dresses. That would be a fun picture to have of all of you in your dresses. Is there play group tomorrow? Where?

Tricia said...

Such cute little dresses! The girl's are growing up way too fast. Danielle is pregnant?!? I miss her. I loved playing games with her and her hubby. They were so much fun. Does she have a blog? We NEED to do a game night.

Teresa said...

I love the dresses, so cute. I am proud of where I come from and need to do more research on the dress standard. I enjoy seeing others taking pride in their history. Snaps for Andrea!

Natalie said...

What cute dresses! Nothing compares to how adorable your girls are but I love the heritage behind the dresses! Love Ya!

Amberlee said...

How adorable! Definitely be proud of where you came from!!!!!

Stacy said...

I didn't know you had a German heritage. Those dresses are sweet.

Anonymous said...

those look so cute on them!!

Jen said...

SO cute!!!! I love it. That must have brought back such wonderful memories for your parents. I think I would break down and cry if I saw Kayson's son wearing some cute little clothes he used too.....okay I just went WAY to far in the future, scary!!!!