Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Stuck in the House!

I took derik to the Doctor last night and after three hours in the office we found out that he has Influenza. Apparently the strain this year is really bad and the shot is not helping with this strain. Well the doctor said that the whole family has to take the antibiotics (so we don't catch it from him) and Derik has to stay at the house for 3-5 days until he is no longer contagious. I am glad that it is only he that has to stay here...because with him home all day I need out of the house:)
Well this is the last post for today...that catches everyone up on what has been going on at this crazt house! Hope you all are well!

6 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm sorry you hubby is sick! Can I do anything? Cute pictures of Adelyn's Birthday!

Unknown said...

Wow, I've heard about how bad the Flu is this year because of the flu shots not being made for that strain. So sorry to hear that Derik has it! Hope the rest of you don't get it too! Any Idea where he got it from?

John Perkes said...

Now, if Derik had an Xbox360 we could have played all day while he was at home. It would have been awesome!

Amanda said...

it's good to hear what you are doing. Sounds like you've been busy. I can't beleive addy is 3. Sorry to hear about derik he seems to get all the nasty sickness's west nile and now influenza! poor guy.

Tandee said...

It's about time! I was about to give up on you ever blogging again. =) I hope Derik is feeling better real soon!

The Wessman Family said...

Fun to catch up with you guys--sorry Derik is so sick. Abby is sick as well, but the doctor said it was "nothing"--sick kids (and husbands) are not super fun:)