Sunday, November 18, 2007

Potty Training Anyone?

So, I know that everyone has a hard time with potty training and wishes that their 2-3 year old would just potty train themselves. This last week we have been trying to encourage Adelyn to go in the potty and it has been a frustrating and amusing experience.
First, I took her to Walmart and had her choose some 'big girl pants'. She chose Thomas the Train (which of course happen to be big boy pants but I won't argue). We went home and had a wonderful time sitting on the potty and using a half a roll of TP and never actually going pee once. Then after about 45 minutes she stands right next to the potty and pees all over the underwear and floor.....good teaching Mom!!!
We then went to Stake Conference this morning and wore a diaper for obvious reasons and apparently one of the sides of the diaper did not get stuck tightly becuase Adelyn stands there in the ilse and has a funny look on her face that says she is going potty. I ask her if we can go get on the potty and as I do she looks down at the foor as her shoe fills with pee and overflows onto the carpet. Awsome! I love being a parent...I took her to the bathroom and changed and washed her legs and then went back to the carpet with disinfectant and towels all the while thinking that I hate potty training and would pay money for someone to do it for me! I am sure that many of you have great stories like these, and unfortunatly this will not be the last of my potty adventures.

8 comments:

Blake and Breanna said...

I think that someone could make a lot of money if they had a potty training business!! I hope that it gets better for you.

Kellie said...

Potty training is difficult. Ashlyn still won't sit on the potty! I agree, I wish I could pay someone to potty train my kids!

Unknown said...

Some kids do well with teaching a doll how to go potty. I have one you can borrow if you want. I too hate potty training and need to start working with Myranda on it... but I'm procrastinating!!!

Gilbert said...

Bwahahahahahahahah!

That sucks.

Natalie said...

Oh Andrea! My heart goes out to you! But just remember "DON'T GIVE UP!" She'll get it I promise. I have two kids with the worst bladder control evvveeerrrr! Every time I stopped it just took me that much longer to stick to my guns again! We'll talk later about ideas! Love Ya!

Amanda said...

I haven't had to deal with that yet but I will soon enough. Well I got your message that you left me at like 10pm last night and I so wished I would've gotten it sooner. I would've loved to go to lunch with you guys! Call me again. We will have to have you guys over soon. my blog address is jahorsley.blogspot.com

Stacy said...

good luck to you!

Tandee said...

Yeah, just think- it could only get better, right? I wish I had a surefire way to teach her. Then I could get all the big bucks! =)